Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2005 Toyota Tundra...good investment?

I'm considering buying my friend's 2005 Tundra Access Cab SR5 with the 4.7L V8. He bought it certified used at a local Toyota dealer with 78,000 miles on it in 2008, and it now has 130,000 on it. The truck has been maintained according to the recommended intervals, and has always run a good full-synthetic oil and 91-octane gas from Chevron or other top-tier fuels. I need it to last me at least another 100-150k miles...and I'm wondering if it's reasonable to expect that from it? It's very well taken care of, it gets washed every weekend and waxed every month. The truck has never towed in its life and only gets revved high when getting on the interstate or passing. I know it's a Toyota and should last forever but is another 150k miles asking too much from this truck? I expect for it to need repairs every now and then, but I want to avoid powertrain rebuilds or anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment