Saturday, July 16, 2011

What is the octane grade of Ford's Duratec 3.0L V6?

I'm going to be looking for my first car fairly soon and I was looking at either a Ford Taurus or a Lincoln LS. They both have the same 3.0L V6 and I'm pretty sure that the Taurus would use regular unleaded, so, using common sense, since the same engine was in the LS, it would also use regular octane. But no, people were telling me it takes premium unleaded. Now I know that higher compression ratios mean higher octane, but it's the same engine for crying out loud. So, my question is, WHAT IS THE OCTANE GRADE ON THE LINCOLN LS V6?? I already know the V8 uses premium since it's a Jaguar engine, but the V6 has a Ford engine. I can't find it on Google or Wikipedia. Thanks for the help everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment